Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week in Review

I'm officially done with the cookbook.  Not sure if I mentioned it, but interpreting other people's recipes was quite a chore.  My mom helped tremendously.  Could not have done it without her.

I'm now starting to think ahead to Valentine's Day crafts and party.  I need something crafty for Little d to take to school for the class and I need something for both girls to take to dance for those classes too.  I have a plan to make a little crocheted mouse bookmark, so if that comes together I will post pictures and pattern.  I think if that works out I'll use that for the first graders.  And for the dance classes, I'm thinking of the tried and true melted crayon hearts.  I even bought the silicon heart muffin pan for it.

We bought a second dishwasher.  Not yet installed, but hopefully before the summer.  Ha.  Oh if only that was a joke....

Little d is terrified of being in her room alone, or in the bathroom.  And today it has progressed to just anywhere in the house alone.  Which is usually not a problem since there is someone everywhere.  Except that I can't for the life of me understand this.  She says she's afraid of 'bad guys' that are going to kill her family.  Well, we don't let her watch that kind of scary stuff on TV, nor do we discuss that sort of thing in front of her.  And we don't even watch that stuff on the news with the kids, so as best I can figure....school.  She says the boys at her table talk about scary stuff.  Blood Mary for one.  Geez.  No telling what else.  Did I mention these are the same boys that informed her what the "f" word was.  Geez again.

I'm trying my best to be patient with it, which means just barely.  I can't seem to get through to her how safe we are here in the house.

Ugh need to take off....more updates later...






No comments: