Friday, March 20, 2009

Granny's 90th Birthday Card

My husband's Granny turns 90 and her surprise party is tomorrow. I laid in bed last night and and decided on how to make her birthday card. If it looks familiar, it's because I used a very SIMILAR DESIGN for a sympathy card recently. The only thing I hadn't nailed down is what colors to use. Apparently no one knows Granny's favorite color.
Well lo and behold, along comes Kristina's Color Challenge! Perfect! So here's the card. I used cardstock in the colors and some pattened paper from Unforgettable. (which I totally forgot the name to and had to look up.) The butterfly is stamped in Crystal Blue on vellum and embossed with clear EP.

For once a concept and a challenge actually came together for me. Cool!

Supplies all CTMH.

Stamps: Treasure Life, Butterflies, Happy Birthday

Inks: Blush, Crystal Blue, Tulip

Paper: cardstock and Unforgettable

Other: Crystal Blue ribbon, edge distressor, clear detail embossing powder

10 comments:

Brit Swiderski said...

I really like your card. Not only is the butterfly adorable, but the distressing adds a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing!

Terri E. said...

Love the butterfly and the ribbon. Super job on the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ange Kelly said...

Just Beautiful!

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card for your grandmother. I am sure she will love it.

Diane said...

what a very classy card love it

Fiona said...

Beautiful card

Lindsay said...

very pretty card!

Winter said...

Pretty card! I hope Granny has a great birthday!

~kelly marie~ said...

beautiful!

Penny said...

this card is gorgeous!