Friday, May 8, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge #35

I'll admit I didn't think this card was going to come together there for a while. I don't have the Dutch Blue or Taffy in paper, so I had to improvise. Oh and fair warning: remember how attached I was to that My Farm (rooster) stamp set for a while? Well Extreme Happiness (hibiscus) is now the new My Farm! So you'll probably be seeing a lot of it! I know I don't usually toot the CTMH horn, but here's a stamp you may want to look into...

Enough about that. Stacey has issued a new Jewelry Challenge and some blog candy on her BLOG. Check it out!! Here's the colors. I chose CTMH's Dutch Blue, Taffy, Sweet Leaf and Colonial White. (That lighter blue in my card is second generation Dutch Blue.)

Here's the card:

I think this card will be going to my Dad's mom. I usually try to incorporate blue on her card as it's her favorite color. (good thing since she did have NINE sons.) She also had FIVE daughters if you're keeping track.

Did I mention I love my new camera? Let me count the ways...

closeups. And I haven't even played with any of my other lenses yet.

natural flash. Indoor pictures without the horrid bright white flash. LOVE IT.

Are you all able click on my photos and make them larger? I can't do it from my computer, but I have been adding the link on most of them that I think makes it possible. Just curious...

Oh and in reference to my Play-Doh post--thanks for the warning, I will steer clear of 'moon sand'!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty card, when i click it does not get larger :(

Stacey Schafer said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day card, Meredith! I love the swirly bg and that flower is fabulous:) Thanks for playing in the JCI35!

Unknown said...

Totally love this card. Just beautiful. I am definitely getting this set of stamps!

Sarah said...

This card is wonderful! I love every bit about it! That camera really does do justice to your beautiful card.
Your pic does nothing when I click on it though.
Moon Sand is EVIL.
Playdoh is also EVIL..when you have a little boy who loves to roll it in teeny tiny balls and drop it in the carpet...

LeAnne said...

Just found you through Stacey--beautiful card! Although I am sure I have visited you before! I loved your Play-doh post also. And what kind of camera do you have? It takes awesome pix; still learning about mine and it weighs a ton.
LeAnne