That also doesn't mean that I don't like challenges, it simply means that I needed to do something other than challenges! So here's what I did. I decided to look through some old paper and found this stack. I loved these papers. I am surprised there were any left. They have a vintage wallpaper feel to me and I adore that.
This is how I used to create in the 'old days' before I became a Close to My Heart consultant. I would look through some patterned paper and find something I liked and then go from there. So with this paper I wanted to try something that was reminiscent of a quilt. When D saw the work in progress he said 'cool that looks like material' meaning fabric.
Anyway, here's the card I ended up. I didn't feel drained and just satisfied, I actually was overjoyed with the results. Okay and you want to know what's really funny. This card actually qualifies for Katie's challenge to use something yellow or sunny. And I can totally relate to her love of summer. I feel like winter brings me down and as soon as the days get longer I start getting happier and happier!!

BTW I used the cracked glass techique again and this time I used Desert Sand over it to age it. I had stamped the image in black and used watercolor pencils to color it. It is a really fun--like those books from when you're little that have the paint on paper and you simply go over it with water on a paint brush to color it in.
Details:
Paper: sorry can't find the name :(
Stamps: Thank You (CTMH) Romantic Backgrounds (CTMH-ret) lamp (Wild Frog Creations)
Ink: Desert Sand (CTMH) Black (Staz-On)
Other: Liquid Glass (CTMH) foam squares, watercolor pencils (CTMH)

3 comments:
I love the look of your card, it does look like fabric, not paper.
Good for you for creating for the sake of doing it...sometimes I feel the same and thats why I use a lot of sketches as mere guidelines or inspiration. I'm using the color challenges when I just need a bit of motivation.
Hope it's happy crafting from here on out!
I know what you mean, I am a slave to the challenges too sometimes. Most the time they are just a jumping off point and are fun, but occassionally they aren't fun at all. I like that though, that you just want to creat, I think whatever inspires you to do that is good. So, now I want to thank you for playing and glad your card just happened to work for it. ;) It is a beautiful card and definitely has the vintage feel! I would love to hear more about putting desert sand over the top of cracked glass, I am not sure I know what you mean by that. You inked the top?
:) Katie
Very nice card. Has a very vintage look. I personally find this look hard to create, so can appreciate this card a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment