Monday, May 18, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge #37



When I saw Stacey's latest color combo I immediately thought of the beach. Maybe that's due to my recent weekend trip, but I knew instantly which stamp I wanted to use (CTMH's Footprints). I also thought the two blues were a little unmatched, so I thought of that mosaic glass tile that is so gorgeous and popular in decorating and BAM that's where this card came from...




I also just could not figure out how to put a sentiment on it and after screwing up TWO attempts with those little squares, I did NOT want to try for a third. So I left it blank.

I used Liquid Glass and did the Cracked Glass Technique on the sand dollar. I am actually really happen with how this card turned out! Thanks for stopping by!!


ETA: Y'all sometimes I have brain lapses...I will blame it on Play-Doh fumes...and I forget to link back to challenges! Bad Mere! I have amended this post and I also added Stacey's Stamping Stage to my blog list over there---->


Details:


Cardstock: Juniper, Heavenly Blue, Desert Sand and Chocolate
Ink: Chocolate and Desert Sand
Other: foam squares, white tulle, white yarn, Liquid Glass

11 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Great card, Meredith! I love the mosaic and cracked glass technique:) I couldn't find your email posted, will you email me privately...slschaf771@aol.com? Thanks for playing in the JCI37!

Sarah said...

WOW Mere this card is awesome. I love the Mosaic style and the Sand dollar stamp is just great with the LG on it. I think it looks great sentiment free. The last 2 cards I have posted I left off the sentiment. I linked your card in this post and your picnic LO and card post, on my blog....they are so good!

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh! You have some serious talent...I certainly could NOT do something like that. Great work!!

And thanks for your nice comments!!

Leslie said...

great card. Now I want to make one like it. I am sure my attempt wouldn't be as nice as yours, though. I'll post if I do attempt it.

Unknown said...

this is amazing!!

dj said...

Oh may--this is fantastic!! love that sand dollar!!

Unknown said...

I wanna know how to do the crackled glass technique, it looks cool.

Vanessa Middleton said...

Ohh, I love the sand dollar. Shiny :) hehe Just wanted to let you know that I left you a blog award. Check out my blog to see!

Southern Girl said...

You made this card for me right??? Hehehe! I absolutely love it! The sand dollar is awesome! Great job!

Caryl P said...

The mosaic is perfect for this inspiration, great job. I love the sanddollar the most, it looks like you picked it right up off the shore!

Rochelle said...

What a great use of the colors this week. The sand dollar is just the perfect touch!