Is it only scrapbookers that think of Christmas all year, especially mid-summer? I really went overboard with my cards last year. I mean I made a card that looked like a stained glass window and well, it nearly drove me crazy. So I vowed not again! I would start earlier and go simpler! I found a sheet of postage stamp paper in my non-CTMH stash while organizing the other day and thought it would look pretty on a Christmas card.

I added the gold trim and hand wrote 'noel' (as if that wasn't obvious). I will practice that writing before cranking them out, but guess what? I don't have to buy a single thing! I already have enough supplies to make 25 of these cards. How cool is that? So I think this will be my card this year--try not to act too shocked--no stamping!
I really have been loving all that new ribbon I bought the other day--in fact this ribbon I got on a second Hobby Lobby run!! And, why yes, that is a Cuttlebug-embossed piece of kraft paper on this card.

Details:
Card 1: all from stash, gold paint pen from Zig
Card 2: stamp-Buttoned Together (CTMH) desert sand ink (CTMH) kraft-stash, ribbon HL

7 comments:
OK I LOVE the second card and am feeling the need to CASE it RIGHT NOW..only I don't have that ribbon.
Not that I don't think your first card isn't wonderful..but I am in love with that embossed kraft paper.(too many negatives in that sentence LOL)
Wow Meredith that ribbon on your friends card is absolutely gorgeous and gives such an elegant look!
Your Christmas card has a wonderful vintage look........both are fabulous!
blessings, Maria
Your blog has great inspiration pcs, and your use of ribbon is fantastic!
so does this mean i WILL get a Christmas card THIS year?
hehehe...
also i guess it means you now have time to help me plan, stamp, cut etc... my cards?
love you...
I always think of Christmas, well maybe not during Jan-March. But otherwise I think of it, because I'm making a gift or cards or whatever!
Kudos to you for finding the supplies and being able to make the cards now...that's my goal, we'll see if it's attainable!
I love these!!
Both cards are very pretty!
Ok, that last one is an AWESOME card! Everything is just right! Love it!
Post a Comment