When Stacey posted her Jewelry Inspiration Color Challenge this week I got so inspired to think out of the box. At least, out of my box! I loved the colors, but when I saw the piece of jewelry I thought 'zebra'. Do you see the beadswith the 'zebra stripes'?
So I thought I'd try my hand at drawing stripes. I googled zebra stripes to get some ideas of how real zebras look...I'm ridiculous that way...and freehanded some stripes on black cardstock. I then cut them out and stuck 'em onto glossy white cardstock, (even though it doesn't show in the picture), it gives a great effect in person. Then I just played around until I was satisfied with the rest. I didn't want to cover the stripes too much since I was really thrilled with how they turned out.
And that snazzy teal ribbon is some I picked up at a garage sale and sadly I am starting to run out. I have to start rationing. Do you do that with favorite supplies? When they are running low and you can't get any more? You know, save them for projects that are worthy of them? No? Just crazy me I guess... Anyway here's the card!

Here's the details:
Paper: black cs, glossy white cs, hollyhock cs, white daisy cs, (CTMH) orange (DCWV)
Stamps: Life's A Jungle (CTMH)
Ink: black (CTMH)
Other: ribbon (garage sale) and foam squares.
Almost forgot to add: T minus 4 days until we go see Glenn Beck in Houston!!

7 comments:
Rock on with the cool zebra stripes...love them! This is a WOW card, Meredith! Thanks for playing in the Jewelry Color Inspiration #39!
I was planning on winning the contest this week, but your card is amazing and I'll need to work super hard to come close to that. Love those zebra stripes!
WOWZER Mere that is one rocking card!!! I am in Awe!
Awesome card! Love how you pulled all the colors into this!
Awesome job on the custom zebra stripes, they look great! And once I looked at the inspiration piece a little closer, I did see the the zebra stripes!
Awesome card!!! It's so funky and fun!
YOU WIN! Email me your mailing address and I'll send your prize, Best Yet greeting set, to you this week!
slschaf771@aol.com
Post a Comment